The life and times of a normal university student

02 November 2011

Sixty-Seventh Post — Miscellany

Having had a crazy drunken time in Edinburgh that included nearly falling asleep in a pub after having coffee with brandy and wishing I'd punched the guy that tried to kiss me in an insanely expensive nightclub and plotting to punch the guy that was dancing up on my roommate, I returned to the normal monotony of my HQ for the semester and promptly drank 4 red WKDs in about an hour before going out to a shitty nightclub where I ended up getting into a fight with some guy who kept smashing into me. The fight consisted of him slamming into me and me being too drunk and small to do much besides attempt to elbow him in the back and stomp futilely at his feet.
That's it, no more parties for me until at least the weekend.
I've also signed up for NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) in an attempt to finish my most current storyline. I mostly need to fill in the blanks and actually set into word processor the plotline, with motivations and everything, and I'm hoping that this will provide the impetus necessary to do so.
If you want to see my profile, click here.
Now, a quick anecdote about loose leaf tea.
Since being in England, I haven't had much time for loose leaf tea. The only one using my tea stick and ball was the other american in the flat, who got loose leaf Earl Gray by accident. In case you don't know, I despise Earl Gray tea with a deep passion because it was the only caffeinated tea in the house after my wisdom teeth removal. Chewing on teabags while in excruciating pain while spitting blood into a bowl while starving to death because I had to be fasted for general anaesthesia and hydrocodone makes me vomit was not a fun experience. I never really liked the stuff before, but this really cemented my hatred.
There are some incredible sentences in this post. Sorry about that.
In any case, I decided that today was a good day to have some of my Organic White Peony tea. White tea doesn't taste like much, I'll admit, but my first sip was...
It was...
HOOOOO-LEEE SHIT!
It was so damn GOOD. I had forgotten how amazing loose leaf is. Tomorrow, I plan to have some rather more caffeinated green jasmine tea at breakfast. Excitement!

Looking back on it, this post is impressively scattered. I blame the small amount of vodka I had with dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment