The life and times of a normal university student

20 November 2010

Thirty Seventh Post

Fun fact of the day: friction-pin watch bands are difficult to adjust.
I got a screaming deal on a fancy european-made watch (the instructions are in german first!) that is simple and still classy-looking.
It took 32 days to arrive.
The company through which I ordered it might be based in Canada, since they sent it through Canada Post with an invalid tracking number.
But, to my great joy, a little red rectangle of paper arrived in my mail slot today!
Bam! New watch!
Once I finally got the little stickers and papers off it and got the time and date set, I tried it on.
After clasping it around my left wrist, I noticed a flaw.
It slid off my hand.
Long story short, pushpins, safety pins, and my paperclip won't push the nasty little pins out of the links. And the closest store that might resize it for me will only do it for $10. Which I don't really have now.
Fortunately, Thanksgiving break is coming up. I am going home, stressing out over my meals , and conning my parents into buying things for me.
PS. Regarding meals: it ain't easy eating greens, at least not when the rest of my family eats almost exclusively meat for Thanksgiving. Fortunately, my vegetarian friend has suggested that I come over and eat his food. I felt that this could be awkward, but he assured me that random people come over for Thanksgiving dinner at his house all the time.
I was... flattered.
In any case, his mom loves me and his dad seems to be fond of me as well, so I won't feel unwelcome. Pressured to marry their son, probably, but not unwanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment