The life and times of a normal university student

07 November 2010

Thirty Sixth Post

I must say that this year is quite different from last year. First off, I'm passing my exams. Secondly, I live in a different dorm with different people and a different roommate. Thirdly, my stalker is someone I already knew instead of a total stranger that my roommate tried to hook me up with. With whom my roommate tried to hook me up.
It's odd. I've had at least two exams in every class, except karate which just had a midterm, and I've passed every single one of them.
I'm beginning to wonder what's wrong with me. By this time last year, I had totally and utterly failed... 2 in physics and... I want to say 1 in biology. I'm not positive about the biology one, though, since I have forgotten most of it anyway. But this year...
I got an A on the first organic chemistry exam. A on the first german exam. A on the first Core 150 exam. A on the first old testament exam. Then the second round of exams came up: B in german, B in old testament, A in core, B in organic.
I do not know what has happened, but it will probably fix itself within the next few months.

My living accommodations are quite different and none of my former hallmates live on my floor. Also, I don't talk to my podmates except for my roommate who is a very social person most of the time.

Now for my new stalker. She's probably my best girl friend from high school.
She drives me insane. She fits perfectly into all levels social terrorism drawn up by Hyperbole and a Half's Allie Brosh. (By the way, she is probably my favourite online person, so I might want to ask her if I can link to her post... Whatever. She will understand.)
This is why I don't talk to the girls I knew in high school. They drive me nuts. And now this one that tries to control my life as a matter of course is here.
At my school.
Less than seven minutes away from me at any given point. Okay, twelve at the most.
We have a class together. I regularly want to kill myself in that class. It's not that it's not interesting (which it's not), or that it's a huge, massive lecture that gets far too warm (which it is), it's that she comes in and insists upon sitting next to me.
It's not that I don't like her, it's just that I now prefer to spend time with non-her people that don't try to control me.
Those people include myself, which she takes to mean that I'm not hanging out with anyone and thus must desire her companionship.
I do not require constant company. In fact, I require that there not be constant company. "Company" here means someone actually sitting near me and trying to make conversation. I enjoy spending most of my time in the campus coffee shoppe, at a table all by myself, having a quiet "zen" moment of contemplation of the deliciousness of my coffee and/or scone.
One Wednesday after a break that extended from thursday night to monday night and on which I had spent half my waking hours in her company, she interrupted my breakfast.
Yes, it is true. I could hardly believe it myself. Add that to the fact that I was sick and had been for a good three-quarters of the weekend, and you have the recipe for eye-twitching on a massive scale.
It all came to a head when she started being snippy. She wanted to hang out (again) on a saturday night when I was enjoying some alone time with homework that I hated, and texted me three times within a five-minute period as well as calling me.
I hate phone calls and she knows it. So I rejected it.
I then rather firmly told her that I was enjoying some alone time, at which point she was very snippy indeed. But I didn't care- I was too jacked up on the coffee I shouldn't have had and adrenaline.
So I started ignoring her texts. Life is so much more peaceful when I ignore her texts.

Moral of the post- passing exams is for sophomores and mobile phones make life hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment