The life and times of a normal university student

07 September 2010

Thirty Second Post

September has rolled around. School is starting up with a vengeance, and I am getting sick.
I met my new roommate, who is from California, USA.
She is nice and likes to rock climb.
I keep running into my old stalker, who seemed determined to keep my life from being boring. I prefer boring to not being safe from unexpected, awkward "conversations" in my own room, thank you. He doesn't know where I live this year.
Speaking of where I live, we have a couch! That was pretty exciting.
I finally decorated my wall, using up several pieces of paper and replacing two ink cartridges. The printer-wraith seemed to be pleased by my offering, and printed the rest of the pictures very nicely. The result was well-worth the effort, however, as I know have Heroes (TV Series) pictures and logos, XKCD comics, LOLcats, various other comics, British WWII-era propaganda posters, Dune movie covers, and Bourne pictures and movie covers scattered about my walls. It actually kind of looks like I live here now.
Class starts tomorrow. I am expecting a lot out of German 101, since earlier today I spent $300 on the book. I finished the "soul killing" book for one of the four classes that all students have to take to graduate, much to my roommate's shock.
When I look at my schedule on the spreadsheet that I make for every semester to plan out my days and keep from conflicting classes, my schedule looks rather paltry. Only three Monday-Wednesday-Friday classes, one Tuesday-Thursday class, one PE class, and just one lab. Unfortunately, all three of the Monday-Wednesday-Friday classes are four credits, and the Tuesday-Thursday class is a 300-level course (all my other classes are 100- or 200-level).
It's going to be one heck of a semester. I hope to take an ice-skating class for Jan-Term. And that is it.

No comments:

Post a Comment