The life and times of a normal university student

19 December 2010

Forty Fourth Post

Hello, y'all.
I'm not actually from the south, I'm just high on sugar again. This is how I spend my time -- I get home with great plans for what I'm going to do over break (figure out why I can't sleep), and then I go over to my friend's house and eat sugar until midnight.
It may be a very long night. I plan to start my little sleep journal thing tomorrow.
In the meantime, I had a cuddly cat leaning against my arm until my watch fell off the other side of the chair and distracted him. I have a sugar buzz, good friends that like me and laugh with me, and a really freaking nice computer (which needs cleaning. I kind of rest my left thumb on the space bar all the time and shift my right hand around a little more than I do the left, so there's a large grease spot under my thumb. This is not okay with me.). I also have Jack Sparrow socks and stripey magic socks.
My sugar buzz comes from my friend's house, since he wanted a gathering of all his friends that he's known since middle school and hasn't seen since they left for their freshman years this September. Unfortunately, one of his closest friends is kind of my ex-boyfriend. I have some very bad memories from that, and the guy is kind of insufferable anyway. I dread hanging out with him. He's not depressed any more, and I don't hate him any more, but it's still rough on me. I don't enjoy his company.
Hence my socks. I believe that socks make or break the day, so I have several pairs of what I consider to be "awesome socks" (I stopped calling them "fabulous" after I had some disturbing mental images of men flipping their hands). There's a pair of black and light grey stripey socks that remind me inexplicably of Harry Potter and magic. These are for everyday wear, since they are sturdy, fairly good quality, and come up above my hiking boots that I wear everywhere.
My favourite pair of socks EH-VER is my Jack Sparrow socks. I can post pictures if the demand is great. Below the ankle, black with grey pattern (Jack Sparrow's face) and a random Chinese-ish character in metallic yellow (gold isn't the right colour; these are from Walmart), they make me really freaking happy. They are, unfortunately, falling apart, so I wear them only at the utmost end of need.
The utmost end of need involves ochem, as a rule, stress, Fridays, finals, and people I can't stand.
With my Jack Sparrow socks, I am invincible. Ochem can't get me down, finals can't break my spirit, and nothing my ex can say will get under my skin, because I am wearing Jack Sparrow socks.

No comments:

Post a Comment