The life and times of a normal university student

07 June 2012

My Camera Eats Batteries -- Seventy Fourth Post

I'm telling you, this thing is like those old gameboys used to be. There was a battery commercial back in the day, by which I mean probably in the 90s, that illustrated this nicely. The electronic device turns into a giant, toothy mouth that chomps on batteries, going on a rampage and destroying everything while making weird growly noises. Finally, it comes upon the whichever brand batteries and is foiled, turning back into a peaceful device.
My camera ate its batteries in less than 24 hours. I took less than 20 pictures on it in that time.
This isn't the first time it's nommed on batteries faster than normal, but this is a record speed.
Duracell alkaline batteries always worked fine for me before...
After a quick, cursory google search, I went to the store. I returned with rayovak endurance batteries, and some rayovaks that allege high energy performance that were with some energizer lithium ion batteries. Google said that alkalines were bad, so I found the cheapest kind of non-alkaline batteries I could. We'll see.
And even if my camera continues its battery eating rampage, I'll still have five days' worth of batteries.

No comments:

Post a Comment