The life and times of a normal university student

25 January 2010

Thirteenth Post

For anyone who believes in unlucky numbers, this could almost be considered an unlucky post. I'm typing at 01:20, I do have class in the morning-ish, and I also have a five-page paper to write and email before 16:00 on tuesday.
The good news is, nothing particularly exciting happened to me since the last post. I did homework instead of attending a dance that my dorm put on. I did laundry and had to run the dryer cycle twice. I ordered books online for spring term. That was painful, even getting them used on amazon...
Speaking of which, I would urge all of you university students reading this to sign up for a seller account with Amazon.com so that you can get rid of now-useless textbooks without being ripped off by your school bookstore. I sold my old calculus book for a much better price than the bookstore would have given me, I think. Hope. Pray... It's handy, in any case, even if amazon does rip you off on shipping. Also, you can give other poor students a hand and offer them used books for decent prices. (Also-also, you can sell random junk that you don't want for money. It's a good deal.)
I've also heard good things of Chegg.com, for anyone who wants to rent books. I sell my lit books to the campus bookstore during our "sell back" time for a great deal more than they cost me online, but that's just my own little racket. It doesn't exactly work for science and math books.
In other news, I'm crocheting a scarf. It's a very boring scarf. Five feet of white single crochet with no variation. It is, however, a good waste of time. I did that for most of the evening rather than doing homework. There is a bonus feature included with a white single-crochet scarf- the stitches rather resemble storm troopers.

Yes, I did just make a Star Wars reference. Sorry. This was supposed to be a boring blog, but that one will just have to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment