The life and times of a normal university student

22 January 2010

Twelfth Post

First off, I would like to point out that "twelfth" is a weird word.
Now that I've got that out of the way, we can discuss my exceptionally boring day. I went to work, which was pretty boring, and then I learned that high schoolers and university students move differently. (Quick background note- my university partners with a programme for minorities in poor high schools so that they have a better view of science and math. This includes the high schoolers visiting the science building and doing labs set up by university students.) I was calmly wasting some time at the drinking fountain when I heard the thunder of feet coming around the corner. High schoolers move in packs. I remember this from my own school, when getting into and out of the hall was a tricky proposition because of how tightly they stick together.
University students move as their own particles. They are not really influenced by the other thousands of people moving with them in the same approximate direction. I like this fact of life. I do not like stampeding hoards of high schoolers invading my nice, quiet sojourn at the drinking fountain. So my life was not boring at that moment... Just terrifying. This is why I prefer boring.
I have also been half-asleep since 15:00. I nearly fell asleep in class, and then I've just been completely out of touch with what other people are trying to say. I perhaps should have taken my roommate's advice sooner than I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment